Friday, July 17, 2015

Twist It till You Make It



Have you feel like being devastated with your pronunciation?
Since grade school I’ve always been regarded by my teachers to  be a vague speaker of the class. I talk fast and sometimes I tend to swallow some words. In the long run, I learned that talking fast is not impressive in speaking the English language although some rapper at hearts do. But I think it’s quite too late to change it because I’ve  already made it permanent.



I graduated in College with a Course about English Communication but here I am struggling to find a Job that suits my degree in order also not to elevate the rate of underemployment in the country. I acknowledge the fact that being in a call center industry which I tried to apply with requires you to be proficient enough in English. I’m almost there to be honest. I possessed all the good qualities for the career but apparently betrayed and halted because of the way I pronounce and deliver my words. I acknowledge the fact  that this career suits me best if only I don’t have this trouble. Some agrees that I have an Americanized accent, Some says it’s an aussie accent but whatever they are figuring out, both are falsehood. I just speak the way I am comfortable and grown with.

Typically, I have pronunciation problem but day after day since I graduated last May,  I have been improving as what I have projected in my recordings. The only problem now is that I don’t have a speech therapist. I badly need it for the upcoming interview. I just sense that if I’m not going to make it in this job, I’ll end up losing my confidence and so on. 


I consider also that I have speech defect but how I could improve this if they keep telling me without further support? Self-practice is even critical because I tend to become bias in no way or the other. 
I can still remember the interviewers applaud my wit with how I answered questions but I fail to meet their expectation for a good pronunciation since I graduated with a course very related to such.
They say if you’re skill wise, you can find a job and endure it but in my case, possession of such basic skills about pronunciation is even the toughest thing I failed to improve during my school days.  If I am to blame others for not giving sufficient aid for my own pronunciation trouble, it would end up for the blame bouncing back to me.


I am still trying to have at least recover  from the permanence this negligence left me, and hoping in the long run, they won’t hesitate to accept me in their companies since. I am perfectionist so I am able to bring out the best in me.